Union of Night and Day
Regular price $60.00
- Pullover sweatshirt hoodie
- Kangaroo pocket at front
- Sizes: Small - 3X Large
- True to size with a slim fit. For a looser fit, order a size up.
- Female model is wearing size small
- Male model is wearing size medium
- 6.5 oz (210 gm) fleece
- 80% cotton, 20% polyester
- "The human mind loves to create dichotomies – such as good and evil, beautiful and ugly, friend and enemy – and our ability to intellectually divide the world has been a major factor in humanity’s success as a species. But this habit of splitting the world into dichotomies can also make us feel separated from the universe; this often creates a me-versus-the-world mentality, which can prevent us from seeing the underlying unity and harmony of existence. This is why the non-dual traditions, such as Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, and Taoism, have spent thousands of years focusing on helping people glimpse this deep unity of the Universe through meditation and other spiritual practices.
While many people are familiar with the Taoist symbol known as the Yin-Yang – which depicts the complimentary nature of dualities in the universe – fewer people are familiar with the Taijitu, which symbolizes the deeper unity of the existence. And in 'Union of Night and Day,' I have drawn inspiration from the Taijitu to create a Salish symbol of the deep non-dual harmony of the universe." -- Dylan Thomas