Sale price $14.99 Regular price
- Represent your roots
- Super soft classic crew neck t-shirt
- Unisex sizes: Extra Small - 2X-Large
- True to size. For a looser fit, order a size up.
- Model is wearing size 2X
- 100% cotton
- Ovila Mailhot (Nlaka'pamux / Stó:lō)
About the Design:
- The Madrona, alternatively referred to as the Arbutus, is a broadleaf evergreen, which grows along the shorelines of the Northwest Coast. In nature, the species is recognized for its dark, leathery leaves, and solid limbs. Smooth, soft bark at the start of its growth, begins as light green in color and as it matures, transforms to a shade of deeper red. According to one Salish myth of the great flood survival story, the landless, drifting ancestors tied their canoes securely to the great Madrona atop of a mountain, in order to secure their attachment to their homeland. Within some Salish nations, in gratitude of the Madrona, a taboo was created against the use of the tree as a source of firewood. Salish lore also teaches that the roots of the tree are responsible for holding the world together.